Monday, December 28, 2015

2015 Wrap Up!



My Top 5 Books of 2015



As we all know the year is coming to an end and it's only fair that I recognize the top books that really blew me away!




5) Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard

Wow. Wow. Wow. This debut book by Victoria Aveyard was SPECTACULAR. I know I was expecting it to be good, but it was better than I thought. The concept is utterly unique and positively enthralling. I'm pretty sure I would do just about anything for an ARC of Glass Sword. (Hears to waiting and delayed gratification, though.)



4) Ensnared by A.G. Howard
There were far too many concluding books for the year 2015 and Ensnarled was definitely one that made my heart really hurt from knowing that. I was never a major Alice in Wonderland fan until I read these books! Finishing this series was all kinds of painful, but hey, Untamed just came out so i'll still get my Wonderland fix. ;)



3) End of Days by Susan E.E.
I waited and waited and waited for this book. I'm not patient, and when I finally got a hold of it i'm pretty sure I didn't put it down AT ALL. Knowing that this was the last book in the trilogy kind of killed me, but Susan really finished it with a bang and some good action. (Thank God rereads exist.)



2) A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas

 Alright, so it's only fair that I mention how much I FANGIRLED OVER THIS BOOK. MY GOSH.  ACOTAR was very close to making first place for me. I am in love with these characters and THIS WORLD IS MIND BLOWING. Easily a top read for me this year!




1)   Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas
Sarah J. Maas is just killing it this year.  I am completely invested in the world of Celaena Sardothien. Queen of Shadows was by far my favorite book of 2015, I still can't think of all of the amazing words that could describe this book- but it's my MVP, and #1 for this year!  It was the star of my book tree, too!  Plus, what other book would I take selfies with? 







Happy New Years, Readers! Hope it's one full of happiness, completed goals, and books.

Stay Drunk... on Books,

Steph


8 comments:

  1. Both of Sarah J Maas' books are definitely on my favourites list as well - SO GOOD!! The others I'm yet to read, but they're on my TBR ready for 2016 :D happy new year!
    Enchanted by YA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Years, Anna! I hope it's fabulous! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I can't believe that I've actually read none of these books! I definitely want to check out Red Queen; it sounds like something I'd really love. Maybe I'll pick up a copy soon. Happy reading for the new year! :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely check out Red Queen! It's such a great read! I hope you have a wonderful new year! :)

      Delete
  3. I'm currently reading Red Queen and I'm really sucked into it! Can't wait to finish it and read Glass Sword when it comes out. I devoured End of Days this year, and I can't believe I waited YEARS to read it. I was missing out! and of course the Sarah J Maas always make it into my favorites! Looks like you read some good books this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh, I'm happy you are loving Red Queen! SO. WELL. WRITTEN. Let me know what you think when you finish! :) Happy New Years!! :)

      Delete
  4. Eek! I really need to get to those SJMaas books. I've read ToG and CoM and I own the first three + novellas and ACOTAR. So yeah, I own almost all her books but haven't gotten to the majority.. ANYWAY, hope you have a good rest of the year!

    Jess @ Princessica of Books | Twitter | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JESS! You have to read all the SJMaas books! THEY ARE AMAZING!!!
      Have a magnificent new year! :)

      Delete